eHealth vision, end-to-end eHealth Solutions showcased
Bioclinica®, a provider of specialized technology-enabled services supporting clinical trials, today announced that bio-pharma and CROs convened at its 2016 Annual Global eHealth Conference held in Chicago earlier this month. The event drew together an international group that shared eHealth vision as well as lessons learned, best practices, and success stories using Bioclinica eHealth technologies to advance clinical development.
"There was a tremendous exchange of ideas, generating an exciting vision as to where we can go as an industry if we allow this remarkable technology to take us there," said Bioclinica President of eHealth Solutions Mukhtar Ahmed. "The Bioclinica eHealth platform is a driving force for industry change, benefitting patients and the entire research community." Attendees heard from more than 30 speakers representing a mix of pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and CROs, among them Baxter Healthcare; Biogen; Cardialysis; Fisher Clinical; Gilead; GSK; Janssen; Merck; Pfizer; Pharmacyclics; Premier Research; Ultragenyx; and Worldwide Clinical Trials. Participating App xChange partners included Vitrana, ArisGlobal, AiCure, Arivis, and Parallel 6.
Glen Tullman, Chairman and CEO of Livongo Health and former CEO of Allscripts, delivered a provocative keynote, "The Coming Sea of Change in Healthcare." Tullman traced the healthcare revolution to date, exploring trends and "dramatic consequences felt on every facet of healthcare-from EHRs and chronic disease, to pharmaceuticals, clinical trials, and everything in between."
Bioclinica eHealth Solutions Chief Technology Officer Andrew Masters presented the product roadmap for the eHealth business segment comprising the eClinical, Safety & Regulatory, and Financial Lifecycle Solutions divisions. Masters recapped recent significant developments made over the past 12 months marked by several product launches by all three divisions, as well as core product enhancements to OnPoint CTMS, Trident RTSM, Express EDC, and Compass for risk-based monitoring. Masters said, "Our eHealth team is continually innovating with our customers to keep them out front with a dynamic technology platform." He noted several key eClinical systems integrations, including with App xChange partners, as well as integrations between ClinPay and EDC systems, both Bioclinica's Express and other providers.
Session highlights include:
- eHealth Solutions Vice President of Technology Alliances Anne Zielinski teamed with Tullman and Masters in a panel discussion on the current and future state of clinical trials, examining mobile health, patient centricity, and big data. Zielinski also spoke in a session on patient centricity, showing how eHealth App xChange technology can close the gap between patients, clinical researchers, and other stakeholders for a better patient experience. "Bioclinica's App xChange provides an extended eHealth platform, making the research process easier and more engaging for patients and less burdensome on all involved," said Zielinski.
- Jay Ehrlich, Vice President of Global Patient Safety, Baxter Healthcare, presented on pharmacovigilance as a service (PVaaS), a unique end-to-end safety solutions offering introduced by Bioclinica earlier this year. Baxter and other biopharma companies have quickly embraced the model in which Bioclinica safety experts address all pharmacovigilance aspects, including application implementation, management and hosting, business process support, workflow automation, and quality management for more efficient resource utilization.
- A case study presented by Cognizant in which Bioclinica's Trident IRT Plus program-a Randomization and Trial Supply Management (RTSM) study implementation model used by AbbVie-enables dynamic responses to evolving business requirements.
- Cognizant's IRT Onsite Coordinator Shiny Vincent and AbbVie's Principal Interface Designer E-Quana Graham, presented with Bioclinica's Vice President of RTSM and Supply Chain Ken Clark on how Bioclinica's IRTPlus program has accelerated study delivery at AbbVie. "Using an agile IRT approach enables Bioclinica's customers to build and maintain high-quality studies despite a great degree of study complexity," explained Clark.
- Jay Trepanier, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Bioclinica Financial Lifecycle Solutions presented an overview on ClinPay and ClinPlan, core components used by biopharma companies and CROs to automate the financial lifecycle in clinical trials, including the site and patient payment process.
- eClinical General Manager Mike Petrarca co-presented with Director of eClinical Solutions Jennifer Price on the end-to-end clinical trial eHealth platform. They showed the patient data journey beginning with planning of clinical supplies, followed by the use of different mobile devices for data entry, on through to the making of site and patient payments, and performing activities such as patient safety monitoring.
The eHealth Conference, in addition to serving as a key source of industry information, provided Bioclinica product engineers and professional services team a forum to stay connected to customers' emerging technology needs. "We thank everyone who participated in this exceptional event," Masters said. "The customer and partner engagement experienced during the eHealth Conference serves to strengthen the value Bioclinica is able to deliver along this exciting journey."
A partial listing of upcoming industry events featuring Bioclinica experts includes:
- 2016 Global Site Solutions Summit, October 13-16
- 2016 European Global Clinical Supplies Group Conference, October 18-20
- IRT 2016, October 28-29
- DIA Japan, November 13-15
- PCT Europe 2016, November 16-17